This is our CEO’s absolute favorite survey to run. This survey uncovers the following:
- Identify most passionate and active customers.
- Uncover top reasons why people love using your product.
- Possibly uncover issues paying customers don’t like.
How this content could be used (not in any particular order):
- Uncover the differences between people who are highly engaged with your product, and those who just churned. Incorporate this material into idle customer outreach.
- Potential Beta-testers for new features.
- Possible leads for Case Studies.
- Uncovering creative uses of your product to show-case on Product Marketing pages.
- Gathering feedback that Marketing and Sales could use as hooks to convert leads.
- Uncover frustrations customers have with the product, or missing/under developed features.
- Uncover confusion over certain features.
Question: “How disappointed would you be if you could no longer use [Product name?]”
- Very disappointed
- Somewhat disappointed
- Not disappointed
2nd screen for all three selections
Answer: Text-based answer, required
Text: Thank you! Your feedback means a great deal and will help us to improve the product experience. And don't worry, we're not going anywhere :) Could possibly use either Facebook or Twitter CTAs
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Survey Editor, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
Recommended targeting options
- Where should this survey appear?: In app, behind login. If there's a main user dashboard, that's the perfect place to target this survey.
- Who should be prompted to take this survey?: Logged in users, returning visitors, and preferably whitelisting the customers who are actively using the product. In general It’s good to run these surveys in chucks - only target a percentage of traffic or a specific group of whitelisted users.
- When should this survey be displayed?: Use Google Analytics to help with the delay, but generally a 3-5 second delay.
- How often should this survey be displayed? Continue showing until a visitor has responded.
Length time to run survey This is a good one to do once a quarter to focus on all the new users that signed up in a given amount of time.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Targeting Section, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
These are just suggestions. We recommend experimenting to see what works best for you!
While the suggestions mentioned are a great place to start, we ask you to keep in mind that what may work well for some many not work for all. Constantly test and tweak your surveys to hone in on what works best for your circumstances. Click here to see how we recommend making changes to your surveys to get better results.