This is a must-have if you allow people to purchase anything from your website. While it will generally have a lower response rate than asking those who just bought (generally between 1% and 4%), it can give you a sense of why people come to the pricing page then leave without starting a trial.
Possible questions to help uncover this objective:
- “Do you plan to start a trial?” - Yes/No as answer options. Yes branches to message screen, No branches to “Why not?” - Text based answer, required.
- "What's preventing you from starting a trial or purchasing?"
"Do you have any questions before starting a free trial?" - Yes/No as answer options. Yes branches to a text-based answer, No redirects to the URL to start a trial.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Survey Editor, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
Recommended targeting options
- Where should this survey appear?: Targeted to the pricing page.
- Who should be prompted to take this survey?: 100%, or a portion of traffic if you get thousands of visits to that page a day.
- When should this survey be displayed?: When it looks like someone is about to abandon the page.
- How often should this survey be displayed? Continue showing until visitor provides a response.
After you start getting responses: Once you get anywhere from 100 to 200 responses to the write-in portion for those who didn’t start a trial, you should start seeing some trends that go beyond just the price points. Always expect that the most common answer is going to be price, but the other reasons outside of that are the areas that you can probably affect.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Targeting Section, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
These are just suggestions. We recommend experimenting to see what works best for you!
While the suggestions mentioned are a great place to start, we ask you to keep in mind that what may work well for some many not work for all. Constantly test and tweak your surveys to hone in on what works best for your circumstances. Click here to see how we recommend making changes to your surveys to get better results.