How to Target Visitors Based on Their Behavior
After choosing the parts of your website where you want your survey to appear, you can also specify the situations in which your visitors will see it. This way, you can tailor your survey to the right audience and context.
- Suppose you are an online retailer that sells clothing and accessories. You want to ask for feedback from visitors who came to your site from a search engine.
- You can use Qualaroo to create a targeted survey that pops up on your product pages, asking visitors how they found your site, what they are looking for, and how satisfied they are with your products and services.
- You can use Qualaroo’s targeting feature to show the survey only to visitors who came from a search engine, such as Google or Bing. You can also use Qualaroo’s logic branching feature to customize the survey questions based on the search query or the product category that the visitor is viewing.
Targeting by behavior helps you:
- Make your targeting more nuanced to encourage responses.
- Display your survey to all or just a portion of visitors based on their behavior.
To set up targeting by behavior:
Step 1: In the TARGETING section,
Scroll down to WHO
Select the percentage of visitors to target based on your set conditions.
Click Target: Behavior. A list of options will appear.
Step 2: You can play around with different criteria to fine-tune your targeting from the menu.
- Came from anywhere on the web: Select this option if you have an additional parameter under Behavior, Technology, or Advanced that you’d like to target based on but want to include all traffic regardless of their origin.
- Came directly to your site: This class of visitors is the opposite of visitors who came to your site via search. These visitors generally know your brand well enough to go directly to your site.
- Came to your site and the referring domain is/is not: This option allows you to focus on where the visitor did or did not come from. It’s a great tool to target pages with a high bounce rate.
- Came to your site from a search engine: This option allows you to target visitors who are most likely to come to your site for the first time. This group includes paid and organic traffic from every search engine or specific search engine.
- Only returning visitors: Qualaroo counts visitors as “returning” if they come back to your site after 12 hours.
- Only visitors who have visited “X” pages on your site: We consider it a best practice to delay surveys if they are broadly targeted to most or all visitors who come to your site.
- Other surveys on your site: If you have multiple surveys targeted at the same visitors, one method of ensuring the order they respond to the surveys is by creating a positive or negative survey hierarchy.
Don’t forget to click ‘Save’ to finalize your changes.