Are you interested in testing your nudge in a live environment before rolling it out to your users? We have prepared a few more options to help you test on site without other users seeing your nudge before it's ready.
Testing by Whitelisting
Your first option is to target your survey to Whitelist your IP Address or Identity. If you are targeting your nudge before a login wall, or aren't using the Identity API feature, whitelisting your IP Address will be the best option for you.
Testing by Cookie Targeting
This options involves setting a cookie within your own browser, and test the survey by targeting that cookie.
First, you need to set up the correct targeting settings on your survey:
- Keep the targeting exactly the same, but go under the Target: Advanced section
- Click on the box next to "When specified cookies are present on the user's browser" and add "testcookie"
- Change when the survey should load to "Immediately after the page loads", and the frequency to "Continue showing even if a visitor has responded"
Once you've done this step, it's safe to activate the survey.
Next, you need to set a cookie in your browser. To do this, follow these steps
- Using Chrome, open an incognito browser.
- Access one of the pages you've targeted your survey to
- There will be a blue command prompt in the window. Add the string
document.cookie = "testcookie=1; expires=Thu, 18 Dec 2020 12:00:00 UTC";and hit "Enter" on your keyboard
- Refresh your browser. The survey will show up!
If you have any questions or need anything at all, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!