Answer Selection Types
Qualaroo lets you ask the right questions at the right time to the right people and record responses in multiple ways using various answer types.
With Qualaroo, you can:
- Customize your survey and its responses to engage users.
- Combine different question types to collect in-depth feedback.
- Dig into analytics to segregate and study the feedback data.
Here’s what a Qualaroo Nudge™ looks like:
While you're in the survey editor, you'll notice it gives you several answer types to choose from:
- Multiple answer selection (checkboxes)
- Single answer selection (radio button)
- Single answer selection (dropdown)
- Text-based answer
- Text-based answer (single line)
- Star Rating
- Binary Question
- Thumbs Up/Down
- Net Promoter Score
- This option allows visitors to select multiple answers among the answer options in a survey question.
- You can even randomize their order and prompt visitors to add additional comments if specific answers are chosen.
An example would be adding an ‘Other’ answer option, allowing visitors to add context around that selection. Selecting this option will prompt visitors to choose ‘Send,’ as you can see from the screenshot below:
- This option allows visitors to select only one response from the answer options before moving on to the next step.
- Like the multiple answer selection, it will enable you to randomize their order and prompt visitors to add additional comments if specific answers are selected.
Unless an answer option provides a freeform comment, the ‘Send’ button will not appear for this answer option.
- This option allows visitors to select only one answer option from a dropdown menu.
The ‘Send’ button will appear for this option.
- This answer option prompts the visitor to type in their response.
- The text box will expand as the visitor adds content beyond the two lines offered, and there is no character limit for writing the response.
- It is a powerful tool for uncovering new or more detailed insights from your visitors that you might not have previously been aware of.
The ‘Send’ button will appear for this answer option.
- Similar to the above answer type, but typically used when you want the visitor to enter a small amount of data.
- Suitable for prompting visitors for their email or name.
- This option allows customers or website visitors to rate how happy or unhappy they are on a 5-star rating scale.
- With this, you can learn how delighted or unsatisfied your customers are with your product or service as they rate their experience according to their satisfaction level.
- This option allows your customers and website visitors to share how happy or unhappy they are by selecting an emoji.
- A suitable emoji can effectively communicate how your customers feel about your products and services.
- As the name suggests, this answer type provides only two options for a question.
- It lets you categorize the users into two groups.
- This answer type lets you gauge customer sentiments by providing thumbs up/down options.
- With this, you can interpret customers’ pain points in a better way.
- Qualaroo allows you to further customize your answer type by letting you choose from a range of thumbs up/down options.
- You can enable branching to thank survey-takers for their positive response and encourage them to provide a suggestion in case of thumbs down.
- This answer type allows you to prompt your visitors to answer multiple questions at once.
It's an excellent option if your goal is to gather feedback on numerous product features simultaneously..
- This answer type is a simple dropdown of the Month, Day, and Year.
- You could potentially use it You could potentially use it to set up meetings and schedule a booking for an event.
- The ‘Net Promoter Score’ is a customer loyalty metric developed in 2003 by Fred Reichheld, Bain & Company, and Satmetrix.
- In the default version, you get a 0-10 scale with ‘Not likely’ equaling 0 and ‘Most likely’ equaling 10. However, you can change the label under the number range.
- Many customers use this simple answer selection to gauge how likely their customers are to recommend their product or service to a friend.
- You can also enable branching for this answer type based on your requirements.