One of the most sought after targeting options within Qualaroo is the ability to run exit surveys. This option can be tested while in trial, and is available on our Essentials and Premium plans. Exit surveys currently only work on the desktop version of surveys.
Where the option is and how it works
The "exit survey" option can be found on the "Targeting" section under "When should this survey be displayed?". It's called "When it looks like the user is about to abandon the page".
The option works by only firing the survey when it looks like someones' mouse is approaching the browser close button.
This video walks you through some common exit survey recipes.
Possible questions that focus on cart abandonment:
- "What would've convinced you to complete the purchase of the item(s) in your cart?"
- "What was your biggest fear or concern about purchasing from us?"
- "If you did not make a purchase today, can you tell us why not?"
- "Do you have any questions before you complete your purchase?"
- "Is there anything preventing you from completing your purchase?"
Recommended answer type:
- Text Based Answer OR
- Single answer selection with most common hesitation reasons, with an "Other" option that leads to a free-form response. We recommend collecting these reasons first as part of your survey iteration process.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Survey Editor, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
Recommended targeting options
- Where should this survey appear?: Target the shopping cart or checkout pages, only (i.e. http://ecommercesite.com/checkout/cart). If this URL is dynamic, you'll want to use a Regular Expression. You can also rephrase the question and target it to the purchase confirmation page.
- Who should be prompted to take this survey?: 100% of all visitors
- When should this survey be displayed?: When it looks like the user is about to abandon the page
- How often should this survey be displayed?: Only show once per visitor, or continue showing until visitor provides a response
TIP: If you're investigating cart abandonment, inevitably visitors are going to bring up the issue of price. One trick some customers have found to combat this is to offer free shipping to customers who complete their purchase, or a promotional code that will give visitors a discount on their overall purchase.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Targeting Section, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
These are just suggestions. We recommend experimenting to see what works best for you!
While the suggestions mentioned are a great place to start, we ask you to keep in mind that what may work well for some many not work for all. Constantly test and tweak your surveys to hone in on what works best for your circumstances. Click here to see how we recommend making changes to your surveys to get better results.