This information can be used for a variety of initiatives - the most obvious being the top reasons why someone cancels. Beyond that, it can also shed insight into the types of customers that churn out the most. Once you identify these groups, it’s best to bring that information to the product marketing team so you can spend more time focusing on cultivating leads that have the highest retention rates, and less so on ones who churn out.
- Question: "What is the primary reason why you're canceling your account?" or "What could we change to make you want to continue using us?"
- Answer type: Text-based response, required field
TIP: Remember to always mark write-ins as required. This will ensure that survey takers can only move to the next step once they've entered a response, and it will avoid blanks from showing in your reporting.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Survey Editor, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
Recommended targeting options
- Where should this survey appear?: Only on the cancel page
- Who should be prompted to take this survey?: Logged in users
- When should this survey be displayed?: 3 seconds after the page loads
- How often should this survey be displayed? Continue showing until visitor provides a response
Idea: Offer a retention offer on the message screen. If using the Identity API, you could also follow up with customers who give interesting feedback.
If you need help understanding all the options available within the Targeting Section, please visit this portion of our Help Center.
These are just suggestions. We recommend experimenting to see what works best for you!
While the suggestions mentioned are a great place to start, we ask you to keep in mind that what may work well for some many not work for all. Constantly test and tweak your surveys to hone in on what works best for your circumstances. Click here to see how we recommend making changes to your surveys to get better results.