This advanced targeting option allows to you to target surveys to visitors using browser cookies.With this feature, you can add the cookie parameter to the targeting area so only the visitors with that cookie value will see the survey. Targeting based on a cookie value is a feature that is available on Growth and up plans.
To target based on a cookie value, grab the cookie's name and value, and plug these into the interface under Target: Advanced.
Note that you can add multiple cookie name/value pairs, and you can target your surveys to match ALL of the cookies, or match ANY of the cookies.
Match ALL Cookies
If you add a list of cookie name/value pairs and select "ALL" then any visitor who has all the listed cookies on their browser will see the survey. If they are missing even one of them, or the value is different, then they will not see the survey.
Match ANY Cookies
If you add a list of cookie name/value pairs and select "ANY" then any visitor who has at least one of the listed cookies on their browser will see the survey.
Target by Name Only
You do have the option to target your survey based on just a cookie's name, the value is not required.
Target by Survey answers
We do allow you to set a cookie value on survey answers, so another option could be to target surveys based on how those visitors responded to a previous survey. Click here for more details.
Finding Your Cookies
Each browser has its own method of storing and displaying cookies. Here are instructions for the four most popular browsers.
- Open the Developer Tools Console
- Click on Resources
- Select "Cookies" and then your site name
- Cookies will be listed with Name and Value.
- Open Preferences and then Privacy
- Click on the "remove individual cookies" link
- Scroll or search for your site name
- Open the triangle, and your cookies will be listed with Name and Content (Value).
- Open Preferences, and then Advanced
- Check the box marked "Show Develop menu in menu bar"
- Open Develop, and select "Show Web Inspector"
- Click on "Resources" and open the Cookies folder
- Select your site, your cookies will be listed with Name and Value.
Internet Explorer 11
- Open F12 Developer Tools
- Select the Network Tab, click the green "Play" triangle, and reload the page.
- Click on the "Cookies" line, and then "Details" from the Developer menu bar
- The cookies will be listed with Key (Name) and Value.