While you certainly can pose a question to everyone who visits your website, there are cases where you will want to prompt a specific group of visitors if they're the most appropriate people to answer a specific question.
Qualaroo allows you to really focus in on visitors using the following tools:
- Regular Expressions: Target a range of URLs, dynamic URLs, and even excluding portions of your site.
- Target by behavior: Focus on those who are returning to your site, who have visited a number of pages. You can also target people who come directly to your site vs. those who come from a search engine.
- Target by browser type: Exclude visitors on specific browsers.
- Target by traffic source: Focus on those who came directly to your site, or used specific search terms to come to your site.
- Get even more specific: focus on only people who are logged in, are getting served an Optimizely experiment, performed actions specific to your website (referred to as Custom Targeting Attributes), or those on a black or whitelist.
- Mobile traffic only: You can focus solely on those who come to your site from their mobile phone. This is an additional component that can be purchased at the Premium level.
Examples by question type
- Uncover how your visitors found out about you: Target only those who came to your site via search.
- Understanding Purpose of Visit / Intent: Delay the survey by several pages.
- Uncover missing content: Only show the survey when someone scrolls half-way down the page, or after several minutes/pages on your site.
- Net Promoter Score / Scale of Satisfaction: Focus on returning visitors or those who are logged in.
- Uncover Issues: Focus on browser types with lower conversion rates.
- Understand Reservations with using or purchasing product: Only fire a survey when it looks like the visitor is about to abandon the webpage.
This video gives you a comprehensive look at everything you can do with our targeting functionality.